Dynamic Structures and Materials, LLC (DSM), founded in 1998, specializes in the design, development, and integration of hardware and control electronics for custom high precision motion control systems and positioning applications. DSM works in all industries and enjoys strong customer and partner relationships with commercial, government agencies, national laboratories, and academic institutions. DSM welcomes the opportunity to evaluate your precision motion requirements.
DSM’s current focus involves leveraging our expertise in precision actuation, motion control, and integrated systems to provide custom position and motion control solutions for customers in the semiconductor, metrology, aerospace, research, and defense industries.
DSM's Core Competencies
Specialty Actuator and Stage Design
- Flexure-based, solid-state piezo actuators optimized by FEA
- Designs for constrained geometries and restrictive environments (non-magnetic, vacuum, high-temperature, shock-resistant)
- Application-dependent integration of piezoelectric or traditional electromagnetic technologies
System Integration and Machine Design
- Custom hardware, software and electronics for turnkey solutions to unique engineering challenges
- Precision robotic systems and machine designs for single- and multi-axis control
Controls Design and Custom Electronics
- PC-based and stand-alone closed-loop motion control with custom power and amplifier electronics for driving capacitive loads
- Multi-axis motion control with sub-micron and nanometer-level positioning resolution
- Sensor implementation for force and position control
Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR)
DSM is an active and successful participant in the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs, which fund high-risk advanced technology that will help America maintain its competitive edge in the global marketplace.
See what our clients have to say!
“Dynamic Structures & Materials took the time to work with me. You guys had patience as well as the expertise and advice to work with getting this device built, when all the other companies thought this was impossible.”