< Back to All Posts
New DSM Device Praised by Navy Medicine Live
July 1, 2011
New Motion platform developed by DSM for the Naval Medical Research Unit.
- 12 ft displacement, 1G peak acceleration, 182kg payload
- System is on the path to being man-rated, with triple redundant safety scheme
- Very smooth, accurate, quiet motion
- Brushless linear motors and air bearings used to drive and constrain the platform
- Integration of control cabinet with drivers, dynamic braking, and supplemental I/O
From “Navy Medicine Live”, the official blog of Navy and Marine Corps Health Care.
“The Vertical Linear Accelerator is designed to generate precisely controlled vertical accelerations and serves as a platform for human research on such problems as vibration, spatial disorientation and motion sickness.”
No items found.