Large Motion Systems
DSM has experience designing and installing large motion systems. While much of what we do can not be shared, one great example we can share is shown below.
Contact us today to discuss your application.
Vertical Linear Accelerator (NAVY)
The VLA was developed for the Naval Medical Research Laboratory to meet two main clinical needs: 1) to identify and transition suitable future visual-vestibular testing devices; 2) to identify and transition airsickness tests and desensitization protocols. More information on this problem.
Final Design Features:
- 12ft. displacement
- 2Hz frequency response
- 1G peak acceleration
- 182kg payload
- ± 3mm position error
- Arbitrary waveform capability
- Triple redundant safety scheme.
- Very smooth, accurate, quiet motion
- Brushless linear motors and air bearings used to drive and constrain the platform
- Integration of control cabinet with drivers, dynamic braking, and supplemental I/O