Piezo actuators and positioning systems require unique drive and control electronics. DSM's electronics expertise and products keep pace with their mechanical counterparts.
OPEN-LOOP PIEZO ELECTRONICS
Voltage Follower (VF) Series
DSM's VF linear piezo amplifiers are high-quality voltage followers that amplify a low voltage input signal.
CLOSED-LOOP PIEZO ELECTRONICS
CL1 Closed Loop Piezo Controller (NI cRIO Platform)
DSM’s CL1 is a robust, “plug-and-play”, closed loop piezo controller based on National Instruments’ (NI) CompactRIO platform.
The NI Closed Loop Piezo Controller Includes:
- DSM Labview User Interface
- DSM Control Firmware (loaded on the FPGA)
- NI cRIO-9076 Real-Time Controller and LX45 FPGA
- NI 9215 Analog Input Module or NI 9401 Digital Input Module, and
- NI 9263 Analog Output Module
- Power Supplies
Add the following for a complete closed-loop system:
- Piezo Amplifier(s)
- Piezo Actuator(s) or Stage(s)
- Closed Loop Sensor(s) including: Strain Gage, LVDT, Capacitive Probe, Digital Encoder
The SA-500 servo amplifier includes the functionality of the VF-500 plus adds additional capabilities for communication, I/O, and stand-alone servo control of piezo positioning systems. High-resolution position control can be achieved using the SA amplifier to close the loop on an analog or digital feedback signal integrated into the positioning system.