DSM designs, develops, and integrates the hardware, control electronics, and software for custom high precision motion control and positioning applications. Our design portfolio includes piezoelectric actuators and flexure-guided positioning systems as well as more traditional motion control components including stepper motors, linear motors, harmonic drives, and air bearings.
DSM's technical strengths are complemented by a dedicated focus on customer relations to ensure high-quality communications and a sound understanding of a customer's requirements and sensitivities to scope, schedule, and budgetary priorities.
DSM's employees thrive on the opportunity to provide design services, products, and systems that successfully respond to unique and challenging requirements.
If you are searching for a design and development partner to team with you on your precision motion, machine design, and/or circuit design projects, we invite you to contact DSM.
Custom Design Process
Our standard process for custom solutions is as follows:
- Initial Design Study: During this phase we:
- Sign a bilateral non-disclosure agreement
- Work with the client to get a solid understanding of the project requirements
- Complete a feasibility analysis
- If we discover the design goal cannot be met, we communicate with the client and if no design trade-offs are possible, we will stop the phase early and only charge actual project hours.
- Prototype: Quoted as part of step 1. During this phase we:
- Complete the engineering/design/machine drawings
- Build a first prototype
- Design Changes/Revisions
- DSM internal testing
- Client testing
We are happy to answer the questions you have – and entertain modifications to our process. This phased approach works with many of our clients, however, being a small R&D firm, we can offer flexibility to meet your needs.
We hope to earn your business.