Custom Design Process
Our standard process for custom solutions is as follows:
- Initial Design Study: During this phase we:
- Sign a bilateral non-disclosure agreement
- Work with the client to get a solid understanding of the project requirements
- Complete a feasibility analysis
- If we discover the design goal cannot be met, we communicate with the client and if no design trade-offs are possible, we will stop the phase early and only charge actual project hours.
- Prototype: Quoted as part of step 1. During this phase we:
- Complete the engineering/design/machine drawings
- Build a first prototype
- Design Changes/Revisions
- DSM internal testing
- Client testing
We are happy to answer the questions you have – and entertain modifications to our process. This phased approach works with many of our clients, however, being a small R&D firm, we can offer flexibility to meet your needs.
We hope to earn your business.